Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's a zoo around here.

Okay, stupid title for the post.

The Hogle Zoo is across the street from This Is The Place Monument, and we spent a nice day cruising around and looking at the animals. I'm not sure Zola noticed all the critters running around, but she liked the stroller. I'm going to go ahead and guess that her favorite animals were the bats, since the Bat Cave was dark and cool and she could see the motion of bats flitting around in their little glass cage.

Zola was not impressed with the Zebras. (Zola caught some Z's at the Zoo's Zebra pen. I'm an alliterative genius.)



Elephants are pretty cool.

But the fake one seemed just as fun for Z. and her cousins to look at.

Jana's Asian twin lives at the zoo.


Clyde Frog (one of Zola's favorite toys) was pretty happy with this sign.

This leopard is going after a big chunk of meat we saw the zookeepers place in the tree.

Zola and mom.



Mandy, Mom, Z. Can you see the giraffe head on the far right? Every party has "that guy" when you're trying to take pictures.

5 comments:

G-Dawg and the Fam said...

I love your blog! It's so fun to be able to see you guys without really having to see you! HaHa! I missed seeing you today Dave, but I saw your darling Zola and Jana... Hope your conference went well! I'll be checking in on you tons!

-GInger Palmer

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Zola is probably the most traveled baby I know. She's always somewhere new! I think she should go overseas on her next trip and bring her friend Natalie.
:)

Utah Man said...

Dirk... You are a great blogger

Christy said...

Hey - found your blog through Jen!

I'm from Ojai 2nd - and Jana's old BYU roomie. Just stopping by to say hi. Zola is a cutie bug!

Christy said...

Did I forget to mention my name? Duh. It's Christy (Myers) Murphey :)